Carrier Transicold recently announced at REFCOLD India 2023 the launch of its Lynx™ Fleet digital platform, now available in India for over-the-road owners, operators and leasing companies providing a new level of visibility, data and actionable insights. Applying advanced internet of things (IoT), machine learning and analytics, Lynx Fleet provides users with a new ability to monitor and manage their refrigerated transport, automate key processes and reduce logistics failures to increase performance and lower total cost of ownership. Carrier Transicold is part of Carrier Global Corporation, a global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions.
“Our customers have asked for a more connected cold chain to improve their fleet optimization and business operations,” said Cynthia Lu, Managing Director, Truck Trailer Asia, Carrier Transicold. “We will continue to strengthen Lynx Fleet to further support our customers in meeting their goals.”
Depending on configuration and service plan, customer benefits include:
- Temperature monitoring and control for compliance and accountability.
- Automatic notifications as reefer trucks arrive and depart from geofenced areas.
- Real-time alerts if a warning condition occurs on a unit in service.
- Refrigeration unit performance monitoring for fuel efficiency and product protection.
- Labor-saving wireless data transfer for remote setpoint management, pre-trip diagnostic routines, hands-free precooling and more.
- Fuel level monitoring, helping to avoid low-fuel incidents requiring emergency callout service.
- Door switch monitoring to track deliveries and identify potential theft situations.
- Improved refrigeration unit uptime made possible by continuous analytic and diagnostic information about refrigeration units.
“The system’s unit analytics provide a unique advantage for Carrier customers”, said Pankaj Mehta, Managing Director, Truck Trailer, India & South Asia, Carrier Transicold. “No other telematics solution provides as much insight about Carrier Transicold units, because it was developed and qualified specifically for Carrier Transicold equipment.”
Lynx Fleet will enable customers to establish current usage and best practices to set goals, identify areas of improvement and monitor success. A key feature is the two-way command function to reduce running hours and fuel consumption, minimizing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. The Lynx Fleet solution helps empower customers to achieve their sustainability goals, a recent focus in India.
Customers who take advantage of Lynx Fleet will benefit from value-added data insights that come from future releases of the application.